Many of you have dreams of DU IBA Admission of studying business administration after completing the HSC or equivalent examinations. The bachelor’s degree in this subject is the BBA, which means ‘Bachelor of Business Administration’.
The BBA degree from IBA at Dhaka University is one of the most prestigious degrees in Bangladesh. As you have questions about how to prepare for this dream, what to do and what to do, this article will answer all of them.
Who can take the DU IBA admission test?
No matter what you study from any group, (Science / Arts / Commerce) will be able to take the admission tests in BBA after passing HSC (Alim in Madrasah Education Board). Bangla Medium, English Medium, Madrasah – There is no difference, everyone can take the exam.
How much GPA Required to take the admission test?
Many people think that SSC, HSC will have to be Golden or English should have an A-plus. This is a completely wrong idea. The total 7.50 GPA of both SSC and HSC combined to qualify for the IBA admission test is just enough (with a fourth issue).
Points are determined based on GPA.
In SSC you will get 3 points if you have a GPA of 4.5, and if you have a 3.50 GPA you will get 2 points.
In HSC, GPA 4.00 will be 3 points and GPA 3 will be 2 points.
If you have total point 5 then you will be qualified for the DU IBA Admission test.
Do IBA students only From the English medium?
This is a common misconception. As I said before, there is no difference between the Bangla-English-Madrasahs. No matter what you study through, IBA will definitely have the opportunity if you have the qualifications.
You will be surprised to know interesting information that, in general, in DU IBA Bangla medium student’s selected percentage is higher than the average of English medium students every year! So, you have no reason to be afraid.
How many candidates took part in the admission war? How many are passed?
On average, six to seven thousand students take the IBA admission test every year. From there 180 students are passed the written test, and they faced a final viva examination. At the end of the oral examination, a total of 120 students are selected.
Can I do it among so many candidates?
First of all, know that there are a lot of candidates, but very few students have the ability to enter the real competition. Since the DU IBA admission test is held at the end of the year, other exams, including medical engineering, have already been completed. Many people come to the test without curiosity or hobby without proper preparation.
Your real competition will be with only 10-15% of the candidates. So there is nothing to worry about seeing so many candidates.
When is the admission test conducted? When does the circular publish?
Normally in early October, the form is published on the website. The admission test is held within seven weeks of the start of the registration process. The IBA BBA admission test is usually held at the end of October or early November (this is not fixed).
Here is the information about the admission test. After knowing all that, if you want to study in the IBA, then let us know how to prepare fully.
What is the DU IBA Admission Test Syllabus?
There is no fixed course or syllabus for the IBA admission test. Since there is no specific syllabus, it is not possible for anyone to prepare 100 percent. Just remember, there is no alternative to practice. You may not remember 40% of what you read, there is nothing to worry about. You can beat the victory by capitalizing on this 60%. So, more important than “what to read”, “what to skip”.
Do I have to be extraordinarily proficient in English and math?
There are many of us, whose English base is not as strong or as weak in mathematics. The task for them is undoubtedly difficult, but no matter how weak you are, you must pass if you work hard.
The DU IBA admission test questions are usually IQ based (intellect test) questions, the secondary level maths is mostly. You have to know basic English grammar, as well as vocabulary. So there is nothing to fear about English / Mathematics. It is certainly possible to master all through practice.
The written test is in two stages. MCQ and written.
The M.C.Q test time is 90 minutes. It has three parts – English (30 Marks), Mathematics (30 Marks), Analytical (15 Marks).
You have to pass each part of English, Mathematics, and Analytical separately.
For the most part, if you get full marks, but if you fail in any part then you are disqualified.
What is the Passing Mark on each part?
This can vary depending on the year or how difficult or easy the question is. But according to the conventional rules the passing mark is 60% in each part.
That is, in English and Mathematics you need to get at least 18 marks and at least 9 marks in the analytical.
What is negative marking? Can the calculator be brought in?
Each wrong answer can be deducted by 0.25. So you will not answer without being sure. The calculator is never allowed in the IBA admission test.
Part of English
There are basically 3 parts in English.
- Reading (comprehension)
The math part
Mathematics also has 3 parts.
(These are all in accordance with the secondary level standard).
There are usually 3 parts.
- Puzzle Solving
- Critical Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
How to prepare?
Remember, there is no alternative to practice. You have to practice each topic thousands of times, there is no shortage of it. Now tell you what books or online sources are needed to prepare. Also, I’ll tell you what books you need to read for a topic.
List of books
- Cliff’s TOEFL
- Barron’s SAT
- Word Smart (part 1 & 2)
- GRE Big Book
- Math Q Bank (Mentors, Saifur’s)
- You have read Cliff’s TOEFL from beginning to end with the impeccable focus for learning grammar. You need to know all the grammatical rules very well. Each of the exercises in this book will be repeatedly practiced.
- Barron’s SAT needs to read for Sentence Correction & Error Detection. There are about 3500 words of vocabulary list in SAT, if you can learn them, then there is no point if you do not, SAT’s High Frequency 400 word is a must to know the lips.
- The GRE Big Book for Analogy, Sentence Completion.
- In addition, the book Word Smart will help a lot.
- Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks Solve these from last year of DU IBA admission questions over and over again, as well as Cliff’s TOEFL & Barron’s SAT.
- There is no substitute for this book, Mentors’ Math Q Bank for mathematics preparation. Every part of Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry will practice again and again. I solved every math in this book at least ten times myself. Try to do a lot of practice so that you can capture the pattern looking at the question
- Also, solve last year’s IBA math questions.
- Practice mathematical parts of GMAT & Barron’s SAT over and over again.
- For data sufficiency, study the GMAT data sufficiency chapter.
- The GRE Big Book is the most important book for analytical practice. There are 300+ puzzles, usually, these are the questions that come up every year at the IBA. So every puzzle in here has to be practiced by one weld.
- The GRE Big Book & GMAT for Critical Reasoning.
The book is gone, you will find a lot of help online in preparation.
- Majortest.com is a very useful website, from here it will practice daily English, mathematics and analytical. The answers are given here with explanations, so it will help a lot to understand.
The non-partisan discussion ended. Now let’s see what is in the written part.
The written portion (30 minutes)
There is no saying that you need to know how to write excellent English or do literature. Things to keep in mind –
- The handwriting must be clean and folded.
- No spelling mistakes can be made.
- The grammatical error in sentence formation fully forbidden.
- The keynote should be made in lesser words, rather than bigoted.
You know how to prepare. But not only do you have to prepare, but you also need to know what to do when you take the test.
Whatever the test, you must keep in mind
- IBA’s Question Class Eight student will also be able to solve, whether you can solve or not. How quickly you can solve it is the real thing. Time Constraint should be kept in mind. Practice thousands of times at home each math, puzzle so that you can be solved instantly.
- One more time management tips – preparation is not a big deal, it is a success to use preparation properly. You have to pass each Segment separately. So what you can do, don’t just fall for it. Divide the time, two-thirds of the time, whatever you can do, answer instantly. The rest of the time, it will try to solve other questions.
- Every day at home, you will practice Time Management with Model Tests manually. There is no study break in the last month. Adhere to a strict routine.
- As I said earlier, 0.25 marks can be deducted for every wrong answer. Don’t even think about answering all the questions. There is no question of thinking that you have to do all answer.
- The first answer you are absolutely sure, if you can ensure passing marks, you will be successful. Many pass even after getting 60% marks, but even after getting 90% marks, many people fail to pass for negative marking.
- Get ready for a surprise. There are many questions that you could not imagine coming up in the exam.
- STAY COOL! Keep your head cool! 90% of the candidates are failing for this reason only. Everyone can solve the question, but if you can not control yourself, your dreams will be destroyed.
- BE A WINNER! It is normal to feel scared when examining. But if these tensions and fears subside, it will be utterly devastating. The only thing you will keep in mind is – “WHO AM I? I AM A CHAMPION! “
- Only with confidence, you will see that the test will be much better.
You need to have 100% confidence in your chest. You deserve a chance at the DU IBA admission.
The written test is finished. Those of you who pass this difficult test will have to overcome another obstacle – the oral exam. 60 more people will be dropped from here! It is not worth the pain of getting away with this test. So you need to know about the oral examination well.
The final Viva Test
- The beautiful formal dress will be worn in Viva. You can wear a suit with a floral shirt, pants. The shoes are clean. Hair will be gripped. For girls, an appropriate dress is recommended according to the attitude of the Viva Board. See you it seams as a man of humble and elegant interest.
- You have to have the impression of confidence in your movement. There will be many ways to try to make you nervous on the viva board, not lose confidence.
- You have to have confidence, but that doesn’t mean you have to be overconfident. Neglected or inappropriate conversation, behavior can not be forgotten on the Viva board.
- There is no need to read anything separately to prepare the viva. General knowledge, SSC HSC is not considered in general.
There are many people who are not fluent in English. There is nothing to worry about. Some questions –
Who does what in your family, where you studied, why you want to study in the IBA, how to choose a career path, what are your dream dreams, and practice answering questions. Whether or not you can get on the Viva board, English will be spoken. No one can be stopped for English. Don’t even think about the Accent, nobody sees the accent, it’s only when you speak English.
The Viva Board is basically verified by your present intellect, elegant courteous attitude in behavior, sincerity, confidence, ability to handle situations smartly and keep your head cool.
There is nothing to fear about the IBA BBA admission test. The most important thing is confidence. I did not take exams like IBA and BUP. You need to have 100% confidence in your mind. You deserve a chance at the IBA.
There can be no neglect in preparation. In preparation for the admission test, Eid, Pujore will be on holiday, so that not one hour should be wasted in celebration of them. Sleep, chatting, Facebooking, all closed for several months. How many days of admission test work you do will depend on the way you work for the rest of your life.
The goal of studying in the dream IBA should be fulfilled. Not only the IBA of Dhaka University but if you are prepared according to this writing, then you will do well in the BBA exam of other important educational institutions including BUP, Jahangirnagar, North-South.
Writer: Tashfikal Sami
Student of the Institute of Business Administration (IBA),
University of Dhaka.